Gunvor names executive to oversee investment in assets
GENEVA Aug 30 (Reuters) - Gunvor said it had created a new top management job for the oversight of investment strategy, as the Swiss oil trader seeks to broaden its asset base.
Jerome Schurink, formerly chief financial officer, has been appointed to the role of chief investment and operating officer to work alongside top executive Torbjorn Tornqvist, the firm said on Friday in a statement.
Gunvor, which has been expanding its business by purchasing physical assets such as refineries and storage terminals, added that one of Schurink's functions would be to "coordinate investment opportunities across the integrated businesses".
Schurink will be replaced by Jacques Erni as CFO. (Reporting by Emma Farge; editing by Jane Baird)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |