LG Display says to invest $750 mln in small, medium displays
SEOUL Aug 30 (Reuters) - South Korean flat-screen maker LG Display Co Ltd, a key supplier to Apple Inc, on Friday announced a plan to invest 832.6 billion Korean won ($750.28 million) by 2014 in facilities to produce small- and medium-sized displays.
LG Display, which competes with Samsung Electronics , said in a regulatory filing the spending is aimed at coping with market demand for smart devices, without elaborating further.
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- Islamic State opens new anti-U.S. front with beheading video