LG Display says to invest $750 mln in small, medium displays
SEOUL Aug 30 (Reuters) - South Korean flat-screen maker LG Display Co Ltd, a key supplier to Apple Inc, on Friday announced a plan to invest 832.6 billion Korean won ($750.28 million) by 2014 in facilities to produce small- and medium-sized displays.
LG Display, which competes with Samsung Electronics , said in a regulatory filing the spending is aimed at coping with market demand for smart devices, without elaborating further.
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |