CANADA STOCKS-TSX steady after Couche-Tard offsets weaker golds
TORONTO, Aug 30 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index was little changed on Friday as a decline in gold-mining shares, which fell with the price of bullion, was offset by gains in Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc after the retailer reported quarterly results. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 2.28 points, or 0.02 percent, at 12,707.01 shortly after the open.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting