CANADA STOCKS-TSX steady after Couche-Tard offsets weaker golds
TORONTO, Aug 30 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index was little changed on Friday as a decline in gold-mining shares, which fell with the price of bullion, was offset by gains in Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc after the retailer reported quarterly results. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 2.28 points, or 0.02 percent, at 12,707.01 shortly after the open.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Leaders gather, thousands sing in rain in farewell to Mandela |