Mexican stocks rise more than 1 pct
MEXICO CITY Aug 30 (Reuters) - Mexican stocks rose more than 1 percent on Friday, led by a rise in bottler Femsa and telecom giant America Movil, controlled by Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim.
The IPC stock index was up 1.11 percent at 39,596.28 points.
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Judge gives go-ahead for $2 billion sale of NBA's Clippers
- Jaded Argentines brace for looming debt default