Russian retailer O'Key H1 earnings rise 10 pct
MOSCOW Aug 30 (Reuters) - Russian food retailer O'Key said on Friday its first-half net profit rose 10 percent, year-on-year, helped by new stores and better purchasing terms.
Net profit came in at 1.6 billion roubles ($48.2 million) on revenue of 65 billion roubles, up 20 percent in rouble terms, O'Key said in a statement.
It said earnings growth was held back by higher costs related to expansion of its chain of hypermarkets and supermarkets and foreign exchange losses.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner