Russian retailer O'Key H1 earnings rise 10 pct
MOSCOW Aug 30 (Reuters) - Russian food retailer O'Key said on Friday its first-half net profit rose 10 percent, year-on-year, helped by new stores and better purchasing terms.
Net profit came in at 1.6 billion roubles ($48.2 million) on revenue of 65 billion roubles, up 20 percent in rouble terms, O'Key said in a statement.
It said earnings growth was held back by higher costs related to expansion of its chain of hypermarkets and supermarkets and foreign exchange losses.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |