Russia's Sistema Q2 net profit at $528 mln
MOSCOW Aug 30 (Reuters) - Russian oil-to-telecoms conglomerate Sistema said on Friday it had posted a $528 million second-quarter net profit after a year-earlier loss of $163 million, thanks to gains at its mobile phone operator MTS.
Last week Russia's top mobile phone operator MTS said its earnings had been boosted by booking a $320 million gain from the settlement of a dispute over the 51-percent stake it bought in Kyrgyz operator Bitel in 2005.
Sistema, which also controls mid-sized oil firm Bashneft , said second-quarter revenue rose 7 percent year-on-year to $8.5 billion. (Reporting by Vladimir Soldatkin, Editing by Alessandra Prentice)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |