U.S. report: 'high confidence' Syrian forces used chemical weapons multiple times
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. intelligence report disclosed on Friday that there was "high confidence" that Syrian forces had used chemical weapons multiple times in the last year, including the August 21 attack outside Damascus.
The report said that 1,429 people were killed in the chemical weapons attack, including at least 426 children.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
Revered by millions as a beacon of hope against oppression and as an archetype of reconciliation, Nelson Mandela leaves behind a grieving nation. Video