U.S. report: 'high confidence' Syrian forces used chemical weapons multiple times
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. intelligence report disclosed on Friday that there was "high confidence" that Syrian forces had used chemical weapons multiple times in the last year, including the August 21 attack outside Damascus.
The report said that 1,429 people were killed in the chemical weapons attack, including at least 426 children.
(Reporting by Tabassum Zakaria; editing by Christopher Wilson)
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Los Angeles sheriff's officials charged in jail misconduct probe
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
Protesters respond to calls to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow