House to consider Syria military action September 9 week: Boehner
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The House of Representatives will consider a measure on military action against Syria the week of September 9, House Speaker John Boehner and other Republican leaders said in a statement after President Barack Obama spoke on Saturday.
"In consultation with the president, we expect the House to consider a measure the week of September 9th. This provides the president time to make his case to Congress and the American people," the statement said.
(Reporting by Tabassum Zakaria; Editing by Vicki Allen)
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography. See more