Saudi Arabia calls on world community to ease violence in Syria
CAIRO (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia on Sunday called on the world community to take all necessary steps to deter Syrian government violence.
"The time has come to call on the world community to bear its responsibility and take the deterrent measure that puts a halt to the tragedy," Saudi Foreign Minister Saud al-Faisal told an Arab League meeting in Cairo.
(Writing by Michael Georgy; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
- Maine nurse defies state Ebola quarantine, leaves home |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note