Saudi Arabia calls on world community to ease violence in Syria
CAIRO (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia on Sunday called on the world community to take all necessary steps to deter Syrian government violence.
"The time has come to call on the world community to bear its responsibility and take the deterrent measure that puts a halt to the tragedy," Saudi Foreign Minister Saud al-Faisal told an Arab League meeting in Cairo.
(Writing by Michael Georgy; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies