Saudi Arabia calls on world community to ease violence in Syria
CAIRO (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia on Sunday called on the world community to take all necessary steps to deter Syrian government violence.
"The time has come to call on the world community to bear its responsibility and take the deterrent measure that puts a halt to the tragedy," Saudi Foreign Minister Saud al-Faisal told an Arab League meeting in Cairo.
(Writing by Michael Georgy; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Indian firms tool up for defense orders on Modi's 'buy India' pledge
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament
- Hamas says Israel killed three top Gaza commanders |