Saudi Arabia calls on world community to ease violence in Syria
CAIRO (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia on Sunday called on the world community to take all necessary steps to deter Syrian government violence.
"The time has come to call on the world community to bear its responsibility and take the deterrent measure that puts a halt to the tragedy," Saudi Foreign Minister Saud al-Faisal told an Arab League meeting in Cairo.
(Writing by Michael Georgy; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets