Vodafone says in advanced talks on $130 bln Verizon stake sale
LONDON, Sept 1
LONDON, Sept 1 (Reuters) - Vodafone said on Sunday it was in advanced talks with Verizon Communications about the sale of its 45 percent stake in Verizon Wireless for $130 billion in a mix of cash and shares.
"There is no certainty that an agreement will be reached," the British group said in a statement. "A further announcement will be made as soon as practicable."
Reuters had earlier reported that the two groups were due to announce the terms of the deal on Monday, pending board approval. The board of Vodafone was set to meet on Sunday while Verizon's was due to meet on Monday morning New York time.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food