REFILE-Egypt's EFG Hermes says it lost 29 mln EGP in second quarter
(Refiling Sunday's story to explain impairment loss was partly offset)
CAIRO, Sept 1 (Reuters) - Egypt's EFG Hermes suffered a net loss of 29 million Egyptian pounds ($4.2 million) in the second quarter compared to 71.2 million pound net profit a year-earlier, it said on Sunday.
It said income was hurt by a 246.7 million pound impairment loss, including some related to legacy investments.
The loss was offset directly and through subsidiaries by accumulated provisions, leaving a net impairment charge for the quarter of 110 million pounds, a company spokeswoman said. ($1 = 6.9856 Egyptian pounds) (Reporting by Patrick Werr; Editing by Kevin Liffey and Will Waterman)
- Target confirms major card data theft during Thanksgiving
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |