Kerry, Hagel to testify at U.S. Senate hearing on Syria Tuesday
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel will be witnesses at a Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing on the authorization of the use of military force in Syria, the committee said.
President Barack Obama announced on Saturday that he would seek congressional authorization for punitive military action against Syria after an apparent chemical weapons attack on civilians on August 21. The administration has been making its case for a strike through telephone calls, meetings, briefings and conference calls with lawmakers.
(Reporting by Patricia Zengerle; editing by Jackie Frank)
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in dispute over envoy's New York arrest
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- The Fabulously Entrepreneurial Life of Ronnie Biggs