Italy denies plans for Friends of Syria meeting in Rome
ROME (Reuters) - The Italian foreign ministry denied reports on Monday that the Friends of Syria group of nations would meet in Rome this weekend.
Earlier a diplomatic source told Reuters that a meeting of the group was due to take place on September 8. There were similar reports in Italian media.
(Reporting By Catherine Hornby)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets