Apple invites media to Sept 10 event, new iPhone expected
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept 3
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept 3 (Reuters) - Apple Inc sent an official invitation on Tuesday to a Sept 10 event at which it is expected to unveil the latest iPhone, and possibly a cheaper version intended to accelerate its drive into developing markets.
"This should brighten everyone's day," the typically cryptic invitation read, under a graphic depicting pastel-colored circles surrounding a stark white Apple logo.
The company, which analysts say is losing market share in Asia to Samsung Electronics and other Android manufacturers, said in the invitation it will host a breakfast and presentation at its Cupertino headquarters.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter