Australia central bank holds rates at 2.5 pct
SYDNEY, Sept 3
SYDNEY, Sept 3 (Reuters) - Australia's central bank kept its cash rate steady at a record low of 2.5 percent on Tuesday, a widely expected decision given it was only a month since it last eased policy and a Federal election is just days away.
The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) made the announcement following its monthly policy meeting. All 23 analysts in a Reuters poll had felt the RBA would hold rates this week, though many still expect a further easing in coming months.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone