Brazil works to reduce currency volatility-official
BRASILIA, Sept 3
BRASILIA, Sept 3 (Reuters) - The Brazilian government will work to reduce the volatility of the country's real currency that could negatively impact the economy, Treasury chief Arno Augustin said on Tuesday.
He added that the South American nation holds plenty of international reserves and has solid economic fundamentals to shield its economy from a sharp drop in global liquidity.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ