Brazil industrial output falls 2 pct in July from June
SAO PAULO, Sept 3
SAO PAULO, Sept 3 (Reuters) - Industrial production in Brazil in July fell 2.0 percent from June, government statistics agency IBGE said on Tuesday.
Production had been expected to fall 1.2 percent, according to the median estimate of 21 analysts in a Reuters survey. Forecasts for the decline ranged from 0.5 percent to 2.3 percent.
July's industrial production expanded 2.0 percent from a year earlier, less than the 2.65 percent rise forecast in the Reuters survey. Estimates for the increase ranged from 1.7 percent to 3.8 percent.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking