Lithuania govt says Chevron wins shale gas exploration tender
VILNIUS, Sept 3
VILNIUS, Sept 3 (Reuters) - Chevron has won a tender to explore for shale gas in western Lithuania, the Baltic state's government said on its Twitter account on Tuesday.
Chevron was the only bidder to explore for unconventional hydrocarbons in the 1,800 square kilometre Silute-Taurage prospect, which Lithuanian experts estimate might hold up 80 billion cubic metres of technically recoverable shale gas reserves.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote