Lithuania govt says Chevron wins shale gas exploration tender
VILNIUS, Sept 3
VILNIUS, Sept 3 (Reuters) - Chevron has won a tender to explore for shale gas in western Lithuania, the Baltic state's government said on its Twitter account on Tuesday.
Chevron was the only bidder to explore for unconventional hydrocarbons in the 1,800 square kilometre Silute-Taurage prospect, which Lithuanian experts estimate might hold up 80 billion cubic metres of technically recoverable shale gas reserves.
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- U.S., EU impose sanctions after Crimea moves to join Russia |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- China rejects North Korean crimes report, hits chance of prosecution
- A plunge in U.S. preschool obesity? Not so fast, experts say