Nokia says Microsoft approached it for talks in February
HELSINKI, Sept 3
HELSINKI, Sept 3 (Reuters) - Microsoft's Chief Executive Steve Ballmer approached Nokia for an "open dialogue" for an acquisition in February this year, said the Finnish company's interim leader Risto Siilasmaa.
Ballmer, who appeared at the same news conference, said the company would build on the recent growth of Nokia's Lumia smartphones.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'