Honda says August China auto sales down 2.5 percent on year
SHANGHAI (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co Ltd (7267.T) and its two local joint-ventures sold 55,553 automobiles in China in August, down 2.5 percent from a year earlier, the Japanese automaker said on Tuesday.
That follows a 1.7 percent year-on-year decline in July and a 5.6 percent fall in June.
In the first eight months of this year, through the end of August, Honda sold a total of 423,271 vehicles, down 2.9 percent from a year earlier.
Honda makes vehicles in China in partnership with Dongfeng Motor Group Co (0489.HK) and Guangzhou Automobile Group Co (2238.HK) (601238.SS).
(Reporting by Samuel Shen and Kazunori Takada)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule