Nokia says Microsoft approached it for talks in February
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Microsoft's Chief Executive Steve Ballmer approached Nokia for an "open dialogue" for an acquisition in February this year, said the Finnish company's interim leader Risto Siilasmaa.
Ballmer, who appeared at the same news conference, said the company would build on the recent growth of Nokia's Lumia smartphones.
(Reporting by Ritsuko Ando. Editing by Jane Merriman)
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 1-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Ukrainian riot police clash with protesters in Kiev square
Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography. See more