U.S. Navy did not fire missiles from ships in Mediterranean: spokesman
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Navy did not fire any missiles from ships in the Mediterranean, a spokesman for the U.S. Navy's European headquarters said on Tuesday.
"No missiles were fired from U.S. ships in the Mediterranean," said the spokesman. He had no further comment on the reported missile activity.
(Reporting by Andrea Shalal-Esa; Editing by Alison Williams)
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Bitter cold, ice slam U.S. East Coast; South still freezing
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote
Protesters respond to calls to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow