Pelosi says believes U.S. Congress will support strike on Syria
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Nancy Pelosi, the Democratic leader in the House of Representatives, said on Tuesday she believes Congress will support a resolution authorizing the use of U.S. military force against Syria.
Pelosi attended a meeting with President Barack Obama and congressional leaders at the White House.
She told reporters after the meeting that the United States had to respond to the use of chemical weapons in Syria.
(Reporting by Jeff Mason and Mark Felsenthal; Editing by Vicki Allen)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police