Moody's cuts West Warwick, R.I. GOs to Baa2
Sept 3 (Reuters) - Moody's Investors Service on Tuesday downgraded West Warwick, Rhode Island's general obligation rating to Baa2 from Baa1, and said the outlook remains negative.
The downgrade is due to the town's "significant underfunding of annual pension contributions and an accumulated deficit in the school fund," Moody's said.
The outlook remains negative because Moody's expects the town to struggle to make full pension contributions, the rating service said.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- UPDATE 6-Target cyber breach hits 40 mln payment cards at holiday peak
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter