AstraZeneca reverses $285 mln charge as cancer trial starts
LONDON, Sept 4
LONDON, Sept 4 (Reuters) - AstraZeneca has reversed a previous pre-tax impairment charge of $285 million after launching a final-stage Phase III clinical trial for the experimental drug olaparib in ovarian cancer.
The drug had earlier looked unlikely to get to market but confidence in its prospects has revived following more recent tests. AstraZeneca said on Wednesday that the reversal of the charge would be excluded from core earnings.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- U.S. experts hunt for Ebola exposure after first case |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks: source |