Brazil's OGX says Batista sold 177.2 mln shares of oil company
RIO DE JANEIRO, Sept 4
RIO DE JANEIRO, Sept 4 (Reuters) - Brazilian OGX Petróleo e Gás Participações SA said on Wednesday that controlling shareholder Eike Batista sold 177.2 million shares of the oil company in recent days, a stake representing 5.49 percent of OGX.
Batista has sold 11.14 percent of OGX's stock since March, the Rio de Janeiro-based company said in a statement. Batista, who is selling shares to help pay debt, said on Aug. 29 that he intends to hold on to at least 50.01 percent of OGX stock, the minimum for a controlling stake, after his share-sale plan is complete.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions