Brokerages to offer restitution over REIT sales -Mass. regulator
BOSTON, Sept 4
BOSTON, Sept 4 (Reuters) - Five independent brokerages will offer to pay investors an additional $10.8 million after a review of their procedures for the sale of real estate investment trusts, Massachusetts' top securities regulator said on Wednesday.
The round of restitution will bring to $21.7 million the total amount of money returned to investors over the sales, said the office of Massachusetts Secretary of State William Galvin in a statement. He had questioned the suitability of the securities for some investors like seniors.
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |