Brokerages to offer restitution over REIT sales -Mass. regulator
BOSTON, Sept 4
BOSTON, Sept 4 (Reuters) - Five independent brokerages will offer to pay investors an additional $10.8 million after a review of their procedures for the sale of real estate investment trusts, Massachusetts' top securities regulator said on Wednesday.
The round of restitution will bring to $21.7 million the total amount of money returned to investors over the sales, said the office of Massachusetts Secretary of State William Galvin in a statement. He had questioned the suitability of the securities for some investors like seniors.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions