Brokerages to offer restitution over REIT sales -Mass. regulator
BOSTON, Sept 4
BOSTON, Sept 4 (Reuters) - Five independent brokerages will offer to pay investors an additional $10.8 million after a review of their procedures for the sale of real estate investment trusts, Massachusetts' top securities regulator said on Wednesday.
The round of restitution will bring to $21.7 million the total amount of money returned to investors over the sales, said the office of Massachusetts Secretary of State William Galvin in a statement. He had questioned the suitability of the securities for some investors like seniors.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- UPDATE 4-Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe