Egypt says prepared to repay Qatari loan in days if necessary
CAIRO, Sept 4
CAIRO, Sept 4 (Reuters) - Egypt is prepared to repay within days $2 billion that Qatar deposited with Egypt's central bank in May if talks to convert the funds into bonds do not succeed, a central bank official said on Wednesday.
"This supposedly should be moved to a three year bond, and still they have not finished it," said the official, who asked not to be named. "If it's not done we will repay it. We are ready for this."
He said the talks will continue for another week.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls