Japan PM says he will tell G20 Japan to pursue growth and fiscal discipline
TOKYO, Sept 4
TOKYO, Sept 4 (Reuters) - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said on Wednesday he will tell a Group of 20 nations summit this week that Japan is pursuing policies that will ensure economic growth and maintain fiscal discipline.
Abe told reporters Japan could not rebuild its public finances without boosting economic growth.
Leaders of the G20 developed and emerging economies will meet in St. Petersburg on Thursday and Friday.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls