Japan PM says he will tell G20 Japan to pursue growth and fiscal discipline
TOKYO, Sept 4
TOKYO, Sept 4 (Reuters) - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said on Wednesday he will tell a Group of 20 nations summit this week that Japan is pursuing policies that will ensure economic growth and maintain fiscal discipline.
Abe told reporters Japan could not rebuild its public finances without boosting economic growth.
Leaders of the G20 developed and emerging economies will meet in St. Petersburg on Thursday and Friday.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |