UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Wednesday Sept. 4
LONDON, Sept 4
LONDON, Sept 4 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening flat on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* Stocks trading without the attraction of their latest dividend, namely Aggreko, ARM Holdings, BHP Billiton, Croda, IMI, Resolution , Shire, Serco and TUI Travel, will take 4.23 points off the FTSE 100.
* The UK blue chip index closed down 37.78 points, or 0.6 percent, at 6,468.41 points on Tuesday, with Vodafone a big faller after disappointing on the terms of a sale deal with partner Verizon.
* Persistent concerns about Syria were likely to weigh on market sentiment. Leaders of the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee reached an agreement on a draft authorisation for the use of force in Syria, paving the way for a vote by the committee on Wednesday.
However, the draft is much narrower than the request made by President Barack Obama and includes a provision barring the use of U.S. troops on the ground.
* In terms of domestic economic data, UK August Markit/CIPS services PMI is set for release at 0828 GMT.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
HARGREAVES LANSDOWN reports full-year results.
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134(Reporting by Tricia Wright; Editing by Sudip Kar-Gupta)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'