CANADA FX-C$ strengthens after Bank of Canada rate decision
TORONTO, Sept 4
TORONTO, Sept 4 (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar strengthened against the U.S. dollar on Wednesday after the Bank of Canada held its benchmark interest rate steady at 1 percent.
The Canadian dollar strengthened to C$1.0488 versus the U.S. dollar, or 95.35 U.S. cents shortly after the central bank statement was released, firmer than just before and also stronger than Tuesday's North American finish at C$1.0530, or 94.97 U.S. cents.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia