China shares stay around multi-week highs, materials firmer
HONG KONG, Sept 4
HONG KONG, Sept 4 (Reuters) - China share indexes hovered around multi-week highs on Wednesday, as strength in commodities-related counters offset weakness in the financial sector and some profit-taking on recent outperformers.
The CSI300 of the leading Shanghai and Shenzhen A-share listings ended down 0.2 percent at 2,350.7 points. The Shanghai Composite Index edged up 0.2 percent to its highest close since June 19. (Reporting by Clement Tan; Editing by Richard Borsuk)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections