US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St ends up for 2nd day on strong auto sales
NEW YORK, Sept 4
NEW YORK, Sept 4 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks ended higher for a second day on Wednesday on strong auto sales and as a possible military action in Syria was seen as limited.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 97.84 points, or 0.66 percent, at 14,931.80. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 13.34 points, or 0.81 percent, at 1,653.11. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 36.43 points, or 1.01 percent, at 3,649.04.
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season
- North Korea fires 25 short-range and obsolete rockets: South Korea