US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St ends up for 2nd day on strong auto sales
NEW YORK, Sept 4
NEW YORK, Sept 4 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks ended higher for a second day on Wednesday on strong auto sales and as a possible military action in Syria was seen as limited.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 97.84 points, or 0.66 percent, at 14,931.80. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 13.34 points, or 0.81 percent, at 1,653.11. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 36.43 points, or 1.01 percent, at 3,649.04.
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Ukraine scrambles fighter jets above rebel positions as missile attack resumes
- U.S. Navy maintains grounding order for F-35 fighter jets
- Ebola deaths surge in Sierra Leone and Liberia: WHO