US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St ends up for 2nd day on strong auto sales
NEW YORK, Sept 4
NEW YORK, Sept 4 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks ended higher for a second day on Wednesday on strong auto sales and as a possible military action in Syria was seen as limited.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 97.84 points, or 0.66 percent, at 14,931.80. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 13.34 points, or 0.81 percent, at 1,653.11. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 36.43 points, or 1.01 percent, at 3,649.04.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data