Toshiba Responds to Jury Verdict in Best Buy Lawsuit for LCD Price Fixing<6502.T>
Toshiba Responds to Jury Verdict in Best Buy Lawsuit for LCD Price Fixing
Toshiba Corporation announced today that a jury in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California (San Francisco) issued a verdict finding that Toshiba did not participate in a conspiracy in the LCD panel industry. The verdict is subject to further proceedings before the district court. Best Buy filed suit against Toshiba and other companies claiming to have been damaged through its purchases of products such as TVs and notebook computers as a result of price fixing in the LCD panel industry.
Toshiba is grateful for the jury’s efforts and consideration. Toshiba has consistently maintained that there was no illegal activity on its part in the LCD business in the United States, and Toshiba continues to hold that view.
Atsushi Ido, +81-3-3457-2105
Corporate Communications Office
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |