Cancellara wins 11th stage of Tour of Spain
TARAZONA, Spain (Reuters) - Fabian Cancellara of Switzerland won stage 11 of the Tour of Spain cycle race on Wednesday, a 38.8-kilometer time trial, and Italy's Vincenzo Nibali moved into the overall lead.
Former world and Olympic time trial champion Cancellara finished ahead of Germany's Tony Martin on the hilly individual time trial starting and finishing in Tarazona, with Italy's Domenico Pozzovivo third and Nibali fourth.
Nibali regained the overall lead he had held earlier in the race, with Ireland's Nicolas Roche second.
The race finishes on September 15 in Madrid.
(Editing by Clare Fallon)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls