Japan PM says he will tell G20 Japan to pursue growth and fiscal discipline
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said on Wednesday he will tell a Group of 20 nations summit this week that Japan is pursuing policies that will ensure economic growth and maintain fiscal discipline.
Abe told reporters Japan could not rebuild its public finances without boosting economic growth.
Leaders of the G20 developed and emerging economies will meet in St. Petersburg on Thursday and Friday.
(Reporting by Stanley White; Editing by Paul Tait)
- U.S.' Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study