Japan PM says he will tell G20 Japan to pursue growth and fiscal discipline
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said on Wednesday he will tell a Group of 20 nations summit this week that Japan is pursuing policies that will ensure economic growth and maintain fiscal discipline.
Abe told reporters Japan could not rebuild its public finances without boosting economic growth.
Leaders of the G20 developed and emerging economies will meet in St. Petersburg on Thursday and Friday.
(Reporting by Stanley White; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions