Japan PM says he will tell G20 Japan to pursue growth and fiscal discipline
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said on Wednesday he will tell a Group of 20 nations summit this week that Japan is pursuing policies that will ensure economic growth and maintain fiscal discipline.
Abe told reporters Japan could not rebuild its public finances without boosting economic growth.
Leaders of the G20 developed and emerging economies will meet in St. Petersburg on Thursday and Friday.
(Reporting by Stanley White; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria |
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Bin Laden son-in-law sentenced to life in U.S. prison
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace