Russia sends missile cruiser to Mediterranean: Interfax
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia is sending a missile cruiser to the east Mediterranean to take over the navy's operations in the region, Interfax quoted a military source as saying on Wednesday, as the United States prepares for a possible military strike in Syria.
The ship was expected to reach the east Mediterranean, where it will join other ships in Russia's regional naval unit, in approximately ten days, said the unnamed source.
(Reporting by Thomas Grove)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video