Turkey ready to join any coalition against Syria: PM
ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan reiterated on Wednesday that Turkey would take part in any international coalition against Syria, but stopped short of saying whether that would include military action.
"We have said that we are ready to take part in any kind of coalition and we perceive this as a coalition of volunteers," Erdogan said without elaborating, shortly before leaving for the Group of 20 meeting in St. Petersburg.
(Reporting by Gulsen Solaker and Humeyra Pamuk; Writing by Jonathon Burch; Editing by Nick Tattersall and Mike Collett-White)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule