Fortum joins Rosatom, Rolls-Royce study for British reactor market
HELSINKI, Sept 5
HELSINKI, Sept 5 (Reuters) - Finnish utility Fortum said it agreed to cooperate with Russia's Rosatom and Rolls-Royce in studying whether a Rosatom's reactors could be sold in Britain.
Fortum said the parties would look into how Rosatom's nuclear power plant could be adapted and licenced for the British market, but said it has not made any investment decisions yet. Fortum operates nuclear power plants in Finland and Sweden.
Rosatom told Reuters earlier this month it was considering applying for a UK reactor licence as Britain plans to replace old reactors with new ones.
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |