G20 has work to do to revive global economy - Putin
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia, Sept 5
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia, Sept 5 (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin told a Group of 20 summit on Thursday that a global economic recovery was not yet assured and there were still risks of sliding back into crisis.
"Our main task is returning the global economy towards steady and balanced growth. This task has unfortunately not been resolved," Putin told leaders from developed and emerging economies gathered in St. Petersburg.
"And therefore systemic risks, the conditions for an acute crisis relapse, persist," Putin said.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image