US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat, ISM data due
NEW YORK, Sept 5
NEW YORK, Sept 5 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened little changed on Thursday as investors were reluctant to make big bets following a strong start to the month and ahead of data that could alter expectations for changes to monetary policy.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 4.86 points or 0.03 percent, to 14,935.73, the S&P 500 gained 1.7 points or 0.1 percent, to 1,654.78 and the Nasdaq Composite added 4.136 points or 0.11 percent, to 3,653.178.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks