Japan's DoCoMo to begin selling iPhone as early as autumn -sources
TOKYO, Sept 6
TOKYO, Sept 6 (Reuters) - NTT DoCoMo Inc, Japan's largest mobile carrier, will begin selling Apple Inc's iPhone as early as this autumn, sources familiar with the matter said on Friday.
DoCoMo, a pioneer in mobile Internet and one of the last of the world's large mobile carriers still not offering the iPhone to its customers, said in a stock exchange statement that it had nothing to announce on the matter.
A senior DoCoMo executive declined to comment.
Apple is expected to unveil the latest version of its iPhone at an event on Sept. 10.
The sources said DoCoMo would continue with its planned winter promotions for handsets made by Sony Corp, Sharp Corp and Fujitsu Ltd.
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- Islamic State opens new anti-U.S. front with beheading video