DoCoMo to offer Apple's iPhone - Nikkei
Sept 6 (Reuters) - Japan's NTT DoCoMo Inc is expected to offer Apple Inc's iPhone as early as autumn, catching up with rivals KDDI Corp and SoftBank Corp, the Nikkei said.
Apple is expected to unveil iPhone's latest version on Tuesday.
DoCoMo's marketing partnership with Apple is likely to be announced the same day, the Nikkei said, without quoting any sources.
Apple and DoCoMo were not immediately available for comment.
DoCoMo, which has long avoided discounting to secure market share, will likely sell the iPhone at prices comparable to those charged by KDDI and SoftBank, the Nikkei said.
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's slavery remarks dim Republican support
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Search for missing Malaysian jet may take years: U.S. official
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- New report calls U.S. a 'rising star' of global manufacturing