America Movil not in talks with Telecom Italia shareholders -CFO
MEXICO CITY, Sept 5
MEXICO CITY, Sept 5 (Reuters) - Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim's America Movil is not in talks with shareholders of Telecom Italia regarding any share purchases, a top executive at the Mexican company said on Thursday.
Trading in Telecom Italia shares was suspended after surging on takeover speculation on Thursday. Egyptian tycoon Naguib Sawiris, AT&T Inc and America Movil have all made contact with current shareholders in the heavily indebted telecom group, a source told Reuters.
"I can categorically deny that," America Movil chief financial officer Carlos Garcia Moreno told Reuters in a telephone interview when asked about the speculation. "We have not had any contact."
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections